Can I get a Medicare rebate for Osteopathy?
If you have a health concern that you discuss with your GP that requires you to see two or more eligible healthcare providers, your GP can provide a Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan.
[refer Medicare Benefit Schedule]
What is a CDM plan?
This is a Medicare program where eligible participants are able to get a rebate ($58.00 in the 2023/24 financial year) for up to 5 sessions in a calendar year.
What is a chronic medical condition?
A chronic medical condition is one that has been (or is likely to be) present for six months or longer, for example, asthma, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, musculoskeletal conditions including arthritis, osteopenia, osteoporosis and conditions that affect the spine such as long term or severe back and neck pain.
Eligible health professionals:
- Diabetes educators
- Exercise physiologists
- Mental health workers
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists
Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDM)
Not everyone is eligible for a Medicare Referral to see an osteopath. Your GP must check if you are eligible and provide us with their referral prior to your appointment. Please note that our Clinic does not Bulk Bill. Therefore, patients eligible to claim under Medicare’s Chronic Disease Plan will have to pay for their treatment in full and then be reimbursed the Medicare Rebate.
Claiming Medicare Rebate:
- Take fully paid invoice into Medicare office for reimbursement, or
- We can process the claim electronically using our HICAPS terminal (on day of consult).
Rebate using HICAPS terminal
- Pay for consultation by Eftpos or Credit card.
- We swipe your Medicare card and enter details of your EPC referral.
- We swipe your bank card for reimbursement.
- Money is reimbursed into your cheque or savings account within 24 hours.
- Osteopathy is covered by all private health funds we can process your claim electronically using our HICAPS machine (on day of consult)
Please note that we cannot reimburse in cash or to a credit card.